The Official Development Agency of the City of Vilnius

For EU citizens

If you are an EU citizen and are planning to stay for more than 3 months, you need to register to get an EU National Certificate from the Migration Center.

You’ll need to bring these documents:

  • Your passport;
  • Official proof of identity, e.g., birth certificate; 
  • Three copies of your residence permit application forms;
  • Proof of your place of residence;
  • The documents confirming the grounds for the issuance of the certificate:
    • If you are employed, bring your employment contract;
    • If you are here to study, bring a document confirming that you have been admitted to an education institution;
    • If you are a freelancer, bring a document proving that you have sufficient funds to live in Lithuania;
    • Others.
You can find more relevant information regarding what you’ll need to qualify for the certificate, including all the necessary documents and other practical tips at the Renkuosi Lietuvą website.

Visit Renkuosi Lietuvą
More Information

More Information

For Non-EU Citizens
For Non-EU Citizens

If you are coming to Vilnius from outside the EU, you’ll need to secure a visa or a residence permit to stay here. 

Startup Visa
Startup Visa

The Startup Visa is a new talent attraction scheme that provides innovative non-EU entrepreneurs with a streamlined entry process to the Lithuanian startup ecosystem where they can build, grow and compete in our booming international community.

For Blue Card
For Blue Card

For highly-qualified citizens of non-European Union countries (Blue Card).

By using this site, you consent to the use of cookies for analytical purposes, advertising and personalized content. For more information,read here.