Current professional opportunities in Vilnius.
Take your next career step!
The Head of the Business Division will work with the City of Vilnius, Invest Lithuania, and other partners to enhance the competitiveness of Vilnius and support private investment in the city.
Tasks of the Head of the Business Division:
- Develop and implement the strategy for promoting international investment in Vilnius;
- Provide assistance to international businesses establishing or expanding their operations in Vilnius;
- Initiate and implement measures, products and services designed to improve the business and investment environment in Vilnius;
- Organise and coordinate the collection, accumulation and analysis of information on business conditions in Vilnius and the region, as well as the relevant resources for business;
- Organise studies outlining Vilnius’ potential and its ability to attract international business;
- Ensure the inclusion and rise of Vilnius in international rankings;
- Contribute to the creation of the city’s image and marketing activities abroad for the purpose of presenting Vilnius’ international business environment, services, products, and opportunities;
- Represent the company when introducing Vilnius at business events in Lithuania and abroad.
- University degree or equivalent education, preferably in the area of economics, management or international relations;
- At least two years’ of management experience, with international experience an advantage;
- Leadership qualities, the ability to initiate and properly organise team work, motivate employees and assist them in their professional development pursuits;
- A strong result-driven attitude;
- Excellent knowledge of Lithuanian and English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an advantage;
- Ability to perform in complex or stressful situations;
- Ability to develop systems ensuring performance efficiency and quality, and to organise relevant training for the team and its professional development;
- Ability to independently plan his/her working time with a view to fulfilling tasks on time while maintaining high standards of quality.
You are inventive, proactive, an analytical thinker, communicative, optimistic, patient, able to cooperate with different institutions constructively, have experience and have achieved positive results at work, and understand the importance and the contributions of private partners in developing a city’s economy;
You understand the trends and needs of economic and business development, are aware of the challenges in attracting international business in Vilnius, and have ideas about how to address them.
If you see yourself in this profile and are interested in taking on a new and exciting challenge, please send your CV and a brief letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Head of the Business Division” in the subject line by 12 November.
About the institution:
Go Vilnius is the official Vilnius City tourism and business development agency. The key task of the agency is to ensure the city’s international competitiveness.