Drop us a line today!
The biotechnology sector in Vilnius is growing rapidly and has a strong international presence. A large pool of talent, strong business-university collaboration, easy access to research facilities and attractive incentives are all driving growth in the sector. That’s why global players like Thermo Fisher Scientific have established high-end research facilities in the city.
- Lithuania leads the CEE region for university-business collaboration in R&D
Global Competitiveness Report, 2014-2015
- 66,853 specialists employed in the fields of engineering, and medical and life sciences in 2015
- 40,725 students enrolled in innovation related programs in 2015
- 24,470 specialists currently work in R&D in Lithuania
Statistics Lithuania; Ministry of Education and Science
- Bespoke BioTech science valley - Santara Valley is a dedicated valley for companies focused on BioTech, innovative medical techonologies, molecular and biopharmacy, and sustainable development
- Lithuania ranks 2nd in the CES region for the quality of its scientific research institutions
- Thermo Fisher Scientific choose Vilnius as the location for its World Excellence Center for Molecular Biology
- Up to 25% off investments in R&D infrastructure
- Up to 50% off R&D activities
- Up to 50% off employee training
Vilnius University Joint Life Sciences Centre
From the human genome to cancer diagnostics, researchers at the Vilnius University Joint Life Sciences Centre have done ground-breaking work across a range of disciplines. The Centre is part of Open R&D Lithuania, the largest network of innovation infrastructure, services and competence in the Baltic states. The Centre’s facilities are available to local start-ups, helping boost the BioTech sector in Vilnius.