Drop us a line today!
Ranked #1 globally for fulfilling ICT needs, Vilnius has both the talent and the infrastructure that growing ICT companies want. With 31,500 IT specialists currently in the market, and 1,500 new IT graduates each year, the talent pool is growing. Lithuanian internet speeds and fibre-to-premises penetration rank #1 in the EU, meaning Vilnius offers the right conditions for ICT operations.
- 31,500 IT specialists in Lithuania
Research and Higher Education Monitoring and Analysis Centre, 2018
- 14,500 developers in Lithuania
Statistics Lithuania, 2016
- 84% proficiency in English among young professionals
Invest Lithuania, 2016
- 4th in the EU for BA graduates in science, mathematics, computing, engineering, manufacturing, and
- 2,000 IT graduates in 2017
Ministry of Education and Science, 2017
- #1 globally in fulfilling business needs for ICT
World Competitiveness Yearbook, 2013
- 5th in Europe with the fastest internet speed
- 9th in the world for 4G availability
- #1 in the EU for fibre-to-premises penetration
Fibre to the Home Council, 2015
- Leading connectivity and communications technology
IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook, 2015
Average monthly salaries of IT specialists in Vilnius:
Strategic Staffing Solutions International, Alliance for Recruitment, 2013
Featured: 5 reasons for choosing Vilnius by Wix
The cloud-based web development platform Wix has over 100+ million users worldwide and several offices around the globe. Among these is the Vilnius branch Wix opened in 2013 that now houses a dedicated Lithuanian team of highly experienced programmers.
Boaz Inbal serves as General Manager of Development Centres at Wix. Among the many tasks that go along with his title, Boaz helps choose and establish new sites for the company. There’s so much to consider when setting up an international branch in a new city, and here Boaz shares his top 5 reasons for choosing Vilnius.
1. A capital city: Vilnius is centrally located and easily accessible from all parts of Europe. The city itself is very close to the airport and its numerous accommodation options make it easy for our guests to access.
2. A strong talent pool: We’ve seen that many professionals with skills that are relevant to our business prefer to come to live in Vilnius.
3. Access to various business services: Vilnius offers all type of business solutions, such as legal services, PR, recruiting and more. Furthermore, all of the Lithuanian government
offices and entities, like Invest Lithuania, are in Vilnius, allowing us to work closely with them.
4. A thriving IT community: The region’s technology community is highly concentrated in Vilnius. The city also features excellent universities, hubs, as well as activities and major events (like Login) that are geared directly towards the tech community.
5. A great work/life balance: Vilnius is a lot of fun and has a lot worth discovering, including its vibrant nightlife.